Are you planning to buy an electric scooter for your kid, but the multiple options are confusing you? Razor is one of the leading brands in the market, and they have several products to choose from. Which one do you choose?
In our Razor Party Pop Electric Scooter Review, we will discuss the different features of this unique model and give you reasons why you might want to pick it up as the next electric scooter for your kid. Read on for the details.
- It has a sturdy steel frame.
- The foot-controlled deck sensor makes it easy for your kid to control the speed.
- Anti-slip tape ensures maximum grip on the deck.
- Compact dimensions and low weight makes it easy to carry around.
- On-deck LED lights make it look fun and bright in low light.
- Non-height adjustable frame.
- The base deck is of plastic material.
- Dimensions: 23.03 x 12.01 x 31.50 Inches.
- Weight: 8.62 pounds.
- Weight Capacity: 110 pounds.
- Battery: 10.8 volts.
- Motor Power: 80 watts.
- Maximum Speed: 7.5 mph.
- Run Time: continuously for 30 minutes.
- Wheel Specification: Urethane front wheel.
- Motor: Push-to-start motors with high torque value.
- Recharge Time: Around 3 to 4 hours.
- Age Group: 8+
Buyer’s Guide: Electric Scooters For Kids
If you are planning on purchasing an electric scooter for your kid, you would not want to pick out a random model of them without doing some research first, as there are some important things to keep in mind while choosing an electric scooter for a kid:
- Age: Electric scooters are available for different age groups. You should decide on a scooter to purchase based on your kid’s age. Razor has many models of electric scooters for different ages. Some features and complexity of operations change slightly depending on the age group it is intended for.
- Weight and height: Each electric scooter has a weight carrying capacity. Buy your kid’s next electric scooter based on their weight. Also, some scooters have a height-adjustable handlebar. If you are not getting something with a height-adjustment feature, your kid’s height will have to be taken into account.
- Distance: Where will your kid ride the scooter to mostly? Answer this question while purchasing, and you will be able to decide on the speed and battery capacity of your kid’s next electric scooter.
- Feature Requirement: What features do you wish to have in a scooter for your kid? Check out the safety features provided by the manufacturer in the model. Only choose a scooter if you are satisfied with its safety and operating features.
- Customer Reviews: If you have decided on a brand or a model for the electric scooter for your kid, check out what the other customers have to say about it. See if they are satisfied with what they have received from the seller.
Features And Benefits: Razor E150 Electric Scooter
The kick-to-start, high torque motor is powerful and is convenient for the kid to start this electric scooter. There is no complicated start system for this model. The motor has a power of 80 watts which is comparatively lower than many other Razor electric scooter models.
However, it does not produce any sound while starting, so you can rest assured that you will not get any complaints from the neighborhood. There is an onboard foot-controlled sensor that allows your kid to control the speed and acceleration of the scooter.
Maximum Speed And Range
The maximum speed capacity of the electric scooter model is 7 mph. If your kid does not need to travel long distances, this is a good speed when riding through the neighborhood. At this speed continuously, your child can ride for 30 minutes which is mostly enough if they are riding to school, a nearby store, or any nearby location for that matter.
The Razor Party Pop Electric Scooter comes with a 10.8 Volts Li-ion rechargeable battery which you need to charge only for 3 hours for a maximum run time of 30 minutes. The model comes with an easy-to-plug charger as well. The charger is UL certified.
You need not assemble this model from scratch. It comes in a semi-assembled form. Only certain parts need to be attached to get the scooter up and running. The assembly is pretty easy and quick.
Design And Durable
The design is the most attractive feature of this Razor electric scooter model. The below-deck LED lights add fun and vibrance to your kid’s ride. The front-wheel also has a light-up feature making it a cool ride. The Razor party pop has a steel frame and weighs about 8.62 pounds.
Even though it is not foldable, its compact dimensions and lightweight makes it easy to carry around in the boot of cars. The on-deck anti-slip, translucent tape ensures that the kid does not skid while riding on it. It provides maximum grip to their feet while onboard.
Efficient Braking System And Acceleration
As already mentioned, your child will need to kick-start this high-torque motor. The on-deck sensor helps your kid to reach a maximum speed of 7 mph and ride in it continuously for 30 minutes. The sensor is designed such that the child does not require any additional effort to control the speed of the electric scooter. It also has a fender rear brake for the maximum safety of your child while riding across the neighborhood.
The Razor Party Pop Electric Scooter comes with a Urethane, airless front wheel. The flat-free rear wheel ensures a comfortable and smooth ride for the kid even when they are riding through rough terrain. It also aids the kid when they travel at the top speed with ultimate balance and support.
#1. RND F14 Electric Scooter
This electric scooter has a minimalistic design, and there are no fancy design specs, but the red and black frame is classy. Unlike the Razor Party Pop Electric Scooter, this model is foldable to a compact size. The weight of the RND F14 electric scooter is 19 pounds, which is a little heavy for an electric scooter for kids.
It comes with a protection circuit that prevents it from shutting down suddenly, even when the battery is low, ensuring a safe ride for your kid. Your kid can ride to a distance of 15 km at a stretch with ten mph power. This electric scooter is not suitable for kids below 12 years as the speed, power, and weight are all on the higher side among electric scooters for kids.
#2. 550 E Viro Ride Electric Scooter
Unlike the Razor Party Pop Electric Scooter, the 550 E Viro Ride Scooter has a chain-driven motor. However, for the safety of kids, this motor is enclosed within a frame. The underside of the motor is also covered, not allowing any debris to reach the motor.
Compared to the Razor model mentioned above, it can ride smoother and more easily on rugged terrain. Another extraordinary feature about this electric scooter is its hand-activated rear brake for the ultimate support and control. The sturdy frame, amazing features, and reasonable price make it a good alternative.
#3. Gotrax GKS PRO Electric Scooter
The best thing about this Gotrax product is that it comes with a higher handlebar and a longer footboard that gives enough space for your growing kid to have a comfortable ride.
It comes with a gravity sensor technology compared to the pressure sensor available on the Razor Party Pop Electric Scooter. It also comes with two 6 inch front and rear wheels compared to the 4-inch wheels present in the Razor Electric Scooter, providing better control and support.
The maximum speed limit for this electric scooter is 9 mph, unlike the 7 mph of the Razor model. However, the charging time for the Gotrax GKS PRO Electric Scooter is 5 hours, which is about 2 hours more than the Razor Party Pop Electric Scooter. The price for this electric scooter is quite reasonable if you consider the number of features that you get with this model.
- Power: 9/10
- Range: 9/10
- Speed: 8/10
- Tires: 9/10
- Design: 10/10
- Portability: 10/10
- Overall Rating: 9.2/10
Razor is a popular brand bringing out new electric scooter models for kids and adults alike. This Razor Party Pop Electric Scooter is a uniquely vibrant model that will surely get the attention of your child’s friends. It is priced reasonably with some great features and safety precautions, and gets our thumbs up as an excellent electric scooter for a child.