Razor is among the leading manufacturers of Electric Scooters for Kids. Each model comes with many safety features designed with children in mind. Read on as we take you through a review of one of their most notable models, the Razor E150 24Volt Electric Scooter, and detail its features, benefits, positives, and negatives. Later on, we will also share some alternatives to the Razor E150.
- It has a simple kick-start motor that is suited for children.
- It comes with a long-lasting rechargeable battery of 24V.
- Has a twist grip acceleration throttle, which is easy for a child to operate.
- It has a hand-operated rear brake and large, 8-inch pneumatic tires, which give it good traction on any surface.
- Comes with a retractable kickstand, letting the child park their scooter anywhere quickly and easily.
- Not suitable for riding over grass and rugged terrain, strictly an on-road electric scooter.
- The scooter is not easy to carry around due to its high weight (~25 pounds).
- Dimensions: 32.5 x 16.75 x 36 Inches.
- Weight: 24.89 pounds.
- Weight Capacity: 120 pounds.
- Power: 100 watts.
- Battery: 2 x 12 volts.
- Power: 100 watts.
- Maximum Speed: 10 mph.
- Run Time: For 40 minutes continuously.
- Tire Specification: 8 inches, pneumatic tires.
- Motor: Chain-driven motors with high torque value.
- Recharge Time: Around 12 hours.
Buyer’s Guide: Electric Scooters For Kids
When you are purchasing an Electric Scooter for your kids, look over every aspect of the scooter and ensure that it is fit to use for your child. Safety is an essential factor in determining if an electric scooter is suitable for your kid or not. There are a few things that you need to consider while buying a new electric scooter for your kid and they are as follows:
- Your kid’s weight and height: Check out the weight and height of your kid. You need to ensure that it is within the specified limits of the scooter. The electric scooter manuals mention their weight carrying capacity.
If it goes beyond that, there are chances that it will damage your electric scooter in the long run. For example, the Razor E150 electric scooter manual specifies that the carrying capacity of the scooter is 120 pounds.
If a kid with lower weight but a heavy bag rides it, where the total weight of the bag and the kid together is above 120 pounds, it will likely damage the overall performance of the electric scooter.
- Distance of travel: How far does your child need to travel? Whether they need to go to school and be back only. How far is the school from your home? All these can be deciding factors in determining which electric scooter to purchase for your kid.
- Age of the Child: The child’s age is another deciding factor in purchasing the scooter for your kid. If your child is not eight years of age, I would advise you to get a non-electric scooter for them.
- Your Budget: Expectedly, the more you spend on a scooter, the better features you get. But does your kid require all those features right now? If not, you can select the basic models of electric scooters for your child.
- Features Availability: You might want to look at the features the electric scooter has to offer. Some of the features to keep in mind are the safety parameters, speed and power, design and easy controls, and braking systems for a start. If all these are up to the mark, you can go ahead and make your purchase.
Features And Benefits: Razor E150 Electric Scooter
The motor of this Razor E150 electric scooter is quite powerful. It comes in a 100-watt capacity. You need not be worried about letting the whole neighborhood know when you start the motor. The chain-driven, ultra-quiet motor is powerful enough to carry your child for up to 40 minutes at a stretch. The high torque ensures swift and sharp movements.
Maximum Speed And Range
The Razor electric scooter E150 can reach a maximum speed of 10mph with the help of its 2 x 12-volt lead-acid batteries. It can give you a continuous run time of 40 minutes when fully charged at a maximum speed of 10 mph.
The two batteries have the power of 12 volts each. Before using, you must charge these batteries for 12 hours for full capacity performance. The continuous run time of the scooter is about 40 minutes, which lets your child ride the neighborhood in style! The maximum charging time recommended by the manufacturer is 24 hours. It also comes with a UL-certified charger.
The Razor electric scooter red E150 comes unassembled from the seller. Before you can start using it, a perfect assembly is required. Small children refrain from assembling the electric scooters as they come in small pieces. The assembling process will not take you more than 10 minutes. All the parts and tools required for this come with the package.
Design And Durable
The scooter comes in a durable steel body that is sturdy enough to last long. The Razor electric scooter E150 can carry a weight of 120 pounds, which is enough for most children under the age of 13. Its sleek design is another factor that makes it popular among kids. However, the scooter does not work well on grass, so you should instruct your child to keep the scooter on the road.
Efficient Braking System And Acceleration
Safety comes first when we talk about kid’s scooters. This Razor E150 electric scooter comes with easy-to-handle braking systems. The smooth hand-operated braking system and twist-grip acceleration.
It also has an 8-inch high-support pneumatic front tire that provides the ultimate support and grip over smooth roads. Parents can stay rest assured that their kids are safe on-road with this electric scooter.
Alternatives To The Razor E150
#1. Gyroor Height-Adjustable Electric Scooters
This scooter is perfect for kids between the ages of 6 to 12. The height-adjustable electric scooter makes it a great choice when your kid is in their growing stage. It is a glowing electric scooter with an LED pedal and wheels, unlike the Razor E150, making it an amazing choice for 8-year olds.
An 80-watt motor powers it compared to the 100 watts in the Razor E series models. The power and range are lesser than the E-series electric scooters. It has a speed limit of 6 mph, which is less than the E-150 electric scooter that has a maximum speed limit of 10 mph.
The scooter has height adjustable handles, which means that it can grow along with your child for up to six years. Unlike the Razor Electric Scooter Red E 150, the Gyroor H30 Electric Scooter comes with a step-on onboard sensor to start and accelerate the scooter to 6 mph.
#2. Gotrax GKS LUMIOS Electric Scooter
The best thing about this scooter is that it has a carrying capacity of 154 pounds which is more than most electric scooters for kids. The adjustable handlebars from 32.5 to 37 inches make it suitable for growing kids.
The aircraft-grade aluminum construction makes it worth buying. Even though the motor power is 150 watts, the maximum speed limit is only 7.5 mph compared to 10 mph for the Razor E150 scooter.
#3. OUIT Gravity Sensor Electric Scooter
The special feature of this electric scooter for kids is that it comes with gravity sensors that help you to accelerate to 7.5 mph. The assisted motor helps your kid to accelerate safely and have a smooth ride.
No products found.
This scooter can be folded and carried about easily due to its lightweight aluminum make and foldable feature. Your child can use this scooter in two ways: as a kick scooter and as an electric scooter.
No products found.
- Power: 8.5/10
- Range: 9/10
- Speed: 10/10
- Tires: 10/10
- Design: 9/10
- Portability: 8/10
- Overall Rating: 9.1/10
Many brands are designing Electric Scooters for kids these days, but the Razor E150 electric scooter is one of a kind. It is a great buy within a budget and has many great features, including a fairly high maximum speed, and a long battery life, and high traction tires. With a top tier electric scooter like one, you and your child will not be disappointed.