Nowadays, more and more people are opting for electric scooters instead of scooters that run on fossil fuels. The electric scooters market has grown a lot in the past few years.
Today, we discuss the Gotrax GXL commuting electric scooter, which is among the best-selling scooters in the electric scooter market and is great value for money. It has three variations: the Gotrax GXL V2, the Gotrax GXL Commuter, and the Gotrax GXL Rival. In this review, I will discuss the various good and bad aspects of the Gotrax GXL, with particular focus on the GXL V2, which is the most popular in the series.
- The tires of this scooter offer consistent performance even after heavy use for a prolonged period.
- The presence of a dual braking system makes it easy to stop, even if you are at high speed.
- Within this price range, this is one of the fastest electric scooters in the market.
- The Gotrax GXL commuter electric scooter v2 handbrake edition is foldable. So, you can store it easily, and this feature also makes it highly portable.
- This electric scooter offers a maximum range of 12.5 miles on a single charge.
- The scooter can quickly achieve an acceleration speed of 26 km/hr.
- The maximum weight that this electric scooter can carry is only 220 lbs. You will face difficulties if you are planning to take any additional baggage with you.
- It may be challenging to install parts of this electric scooter as no instructions are given inside the box.
- Some users also complain about the charging as it takes almost 4 hours to get fully charged, which is slightly longer than many other electric scooters.
- Power: 250-watt motor
- Weight: 27 lbs
- Dimension: Unfolded (43.8 x 17 x 42 inches)
- Folded (39 x 6 x 14 inches)
- Weight Capacity: 220 lbs
- Battery: 36 V
- Range: 16.3 km
- Top speed: 10 mph or 15.5 mph (depending on gear settings)
- Height: 38 inches from handlebars to the deck.
- Tire Size: 8.5 inches pneumatic
Buyer’s Guide: Electric Scooters
If you are also seeking to purchase an electric scooter that can meet your expectations, then there are few things that you should consider before buying. Along with the performance of the scooter, safety should be a primary concern, especially if the scooter will be used by a child. Here are some factors to consider when choosing an electric scooter.
- Speed: Ensure that the scooter offers a good top speed even with climbing an incline. If you are buying a scooter for your kid, go for a scooter with low-top speed, as you cannot keep an eye on your child every time they are riding the e-scooter and want them to be safe.
- Comfortable Controls: Ensure that the scooter has easy controls and can be maneuvered with ease. This will be particularly important when your electric runs at higher speeds, where quick changes in direction might be needed.
- Braking system: As I mentioned earlier, safety should be on your priority list, and this includes the braking system. Ensure that the braking system works well and is easily accessible to the individual who will be using it.
Features And Benefits: Gotrax GXL Electric Scooter
Currently, the Gotrax GXL v2 commuting electric scooter is trending in the market. This scooter offers almost every modern feature that an electric scooter has to offer, with good quality brakes, ideal range, built-in light, pneumatic tires, and several other features. Best of all, the whole package comes at a good price.
Motor & Battery
The GXL V2 has a strong and capable 250W motor, with a 36V battery. The batteries are powerful enough to carry you nearly 12 miles on a single complete charge.
Range & Top Speed
After charging the electric scooter fully, it can go as far as 19 km as per the manufacturer of Gotrax GXL v2 commuting electric scooter. Several environmental factors may affect the range and top speed of the electric scooter.
For example, the scooter may be challenged when it experiences hills, terrains, and urban loops. Moving uphill, colder temperatures, and frequent stoppage may decrease the range of a scooter. However, if it runs out of battery, you can easily carry it on your shoulders as it is lightweight.
The Gotrax GXL electric scooter comes with 21.6 cm pneumatic-filled tires. These pneumatic tires are filled with air, thereby offering enough bounce for the user while riding. These tires have an 8.5 inches diameter and can deliver a smooth ride even in adverse road conditions.
The best aspect of these pneumatic tires is that you can expect good performance on even wet roads compared to those airless tires. However, these tires do have a downside, as they can get punctured easily. But we think the benefits do outweigh the downside of these pneumatic tires.
Portability And Storage
Gotrax GXL commuter electric scooter v2 handbrake edition is foldable. Therefore, you can fold it and can easily carry it wherever you want without any difficulties. This particular feature also makes it easy to store the scooter inside the house. It implies that you can easily fold the scooter and lock it into a compact size of 99 cm by 43cm by 36 cm. However, the handlebars do not fold, but you can carry them easily in your cars without the scooter taking much space.
Unlike other commuter electric scooters, this brand of electric scooter comes with two types of brakes. While the front wheel uses the regenerative brakes, the rear wheel possesses a disc braking system. A hand lever operates the disc brake. This unique braking system offers a total 5 meters stopping distance even after you have applied the brakes.
In this price category, the build quality that you will get is simply exceptional. The whole body is made up of aluminum alloy, with the exception of the plastic fenders.
Alternatives To The Gotrax GXL
#1. Turbo X7 Folding Electric Scooter
The Turbo X7 Folding electric Scooter is a perfect alternative to the Gotrax GXL electric scooter. Both the scooters share some similar features, such as an excellent braking system, a functional console of front display, and 8.5″ pneumatic tires.
Turbo possesses a powerful 350 watts motor which results in its high acceleration speed. Compared to the 26km/hour acceleration speed of the Gotrax GXL scooter, Turboant offers an acceleration speed of 32km/hour.
#2. Speedrid V1 Electric Scooter
The Speedrid V1 electric scooter can be another solid alternative to the Gotrax GXL electric scooter. Like the Gotrax GXL, this scooter possesses a high 250 watts motor which again implies excellent acceleration power. It is also made up of high-quality aluminum, which adds to its durable quotient.
No products found.
However, it differs from the Gotrax electric scooter in terms of its braking system. The Speedrid electric scooter contains two kinds of brakes: the EABS electric brakes and the rear foot brake.
No products found.
#3. Razor Power Core Electric Scooter
The Razor Power Core electric scooter can move at a speed of 10mph, similar to the Gotrax GXL electric scooter. However, it is made up of alloy steel and weighs 9.82 kilograms. It possesses hand-operated brakes, a front brake, and a retractable kickstand.
Its best aspect is the presence of electroluminescent wire on the deck and six LEDs below the deck of the scooter. These lights illuminate the scooter when you ride the scooter.
- Power: 9/10
- Range: 8/10
- Top Speed: 9/10
- Tires: 10/10
- Design: 8/10
- Portability: 10/10
- Overall Rating: 9/10
If you are planning to buy a Gotrax GXL commuting electric scooter, know that you will be getting good value. Gotrax has made a line of exceptional electric scooters with great features and build quality to join a continuously expanding market of light electric commuter vehicles.