In my search for an electric scooter, I needed to consider that I cover fairly long distances in my commute each day, so it was important for me to find an electric scooter with the longest range. Electric scooters that can handle long distances have more potent motors, powerful batteries, and are built to be very durable.
|PRODUCTS||JOYOR X5S Electric Scooter||Macwheel MAX Electric Scooter||Wolf King Electric Scooter||APOLLO Phantom Electric Scooter|
|Top Speed (mph)||15.5||18.6||60||38|
|Weight Capacity (lbs)||265||220||400||300|
|Charging Time (hours)||6-7||6||5||2-3|
|Wheel size (inches)||10||10||11||10|
In this article, I share four of the best electric scooters with the longest range. Two of them are street legal and operate at no more than 25 mph. The other two are intended to be off-road and run at speeds greater than 25 mph. Reading on, you will learn about:
- The four best electric scooters with the longest range, two of which are street legal and two that are off-road.
- In-depth reviews of these scooters based on motor, battery, and weight capacity.
- Buyer’s guide to help you select the best electric scooter for your needs.
Electric Scooter With Longest Range: Street Legal
#1. JOYOR X5S Electric Scooter
- Design: 9.65/10
- Motor: 9.65/10
- Battery: 9.65/10
- Weight Capacity: 9.5/10
- Overall Score: 9.65/10
- Design: Magnesium Alloy Framework
- Range: 31 miles
- Power: 500W
- Speed: 15.5mph
- Brakes: Mechanical anti-skid brakes
- Tires: size is 10 inches
- Battery: Made up of lithium
The JOYOR X5S electric scooter has a powerful wheel lock braking mechanism that stops the vehicle from getting locked and gives you a safe ride.
- Highly portable and can be folded.
- Can support 120kg of weight.
- The top speed is lower at 15 mph.
Features In Detail
- Design: It is well-built with a magnesium alloy that makes it lighter so that it is convenient to carry. It also has a robust suspension system to make your ride comfortable. It has anti-skid brakes that prevent dangerous sliding when the brakes are applied.
- Battery: The JOYOR X5S electric scooter has effective batteries with greater charge holding capability. You can travel up to 31 miles on a single charge.
- Motor: It has a sturdy DC motor with 500W of power and bright headlights of 1.1W on the front and backside of the electric scooter that provide excellent visibility.
- Weight Capacity: It can hold 120kg or 265lbs of weight.
#2. Macwheel MAX Electric Scooter
No products found.
- Weight Capability: 9.4/10
- Motor: 9.5/10
- Design: 9.5/10
- Battery: 9.5/10
- Overall Score: 9.5/10
- Weight Capability: 220lbs
- Power: 800W Max
- Range: 30miles
- Speed: High Speed of 18.6mph
- Battery: Rapid charging in 6hours
- Design: Aluminum framework
The Macwheel MAX electric scooter comes with pneumatic tires filled with foam that protects the tire from being punctured.
- Quick charging in 6 hours.
- Quite handy and can be taken anywhere.
- A brushless motor makes it long-lasting and reliable.
- Heavy in weight
Features In Detail
- Battery: The Macwheel Max electric scooter has an excellent production battery as it is made up of lithium-ion with a 48-volt battery of 12Ah. It has a high tendency to store energy and comes with a robust control battery mechanism. It never takes more than 6 hours to fully charge.
- Weight Capacity: Supports up to 220 lbs of weight.
- Motor: Has strong brushless motors that maintain speed well. Also has solid air tires filled with foam that secure the tire from getting ruptured.
- Design: Well-designed with an aluminum framework that makes it solid and long-lasting. It is well furnished with a spring suspension system that keeps you protected on jerky roads.
No products found.
Electric Scooter With Longest Range: Off-Road
- Design: 9.75/10
- Motor: 9.7/10
- Battery: 9.75/10
- Weight Capability: 9.75/10
- Overall Score: 9.75/10
- Range: 50 miles
- Battery: 72V 28AH LG MJI or Samsung 35E cells
- Weight Capacity: 400lbs (181kgs)
- Motor: 6720 Watts Output
- Speed: 60 mph
- Brakes and tires: Completely Hydraulic brakes with large tubeless tires
The Wolf King electric scooter has a huge weight capacity of 400lbs, so much larger individuals can enjoy this scooter as well.
- Having an aluminum-based framework makes the scooter strong and durable.
- Can cover longer distances with an extraordinary speed of 60mph.
- With a loud horn, you can alert other riders on the road; this will help ensure your safety.
- It comes with a great gold finish color that makes it visible even at night.
- Bulky in size, which makes it challenging to carry.
Features In Detail
- Battery: It has 5 hours of fantastic charging techniques, and you are given two fast chargers for longer rides. It has a 72V powerful battery with 28ah LG MJI, and effective 35e Samsung cells with a more energy-consuming capacity will help you cover longer distances.
- Design: It has beam headlights on the front that will be helpful for a rider in viewing faraway objects. A dazzling light in the backside lights up while operating brakes and indicates other vehicles and riders. Finally, it is built with a supremely durable 6082 aluminum structure.
- Motor: Superbly designed with two robust motors with 1500 watt power. It also has two mini motor controllers of 72V that give high performance by managing power flow and gives you a fast ride with a maximum speed of 60mph, and you can cover 50 miles with an excellent power supply. Bright blue LED lights in the deck and tubeless tires will ensure a safe ride.
- Weight Capacity: The scooter can bear a lot of weight with a high weight capacity of 400lbs.
- Motor: 9.7/10
- Design: 9.7/10
- Weight Capability: 9.6 /10
- Tires and Brakes: 9.7/10
- Overall Score: 9.7/10
- Power: Maximum 3200 Watt
- Speed: 38 mph
- Brakes: Dual disc brakes with optional hydraulic brakes
- Battery: Huge dynamic battery, charging time 2-3 hours
- Max Range: 40 miles
- Weight capability: 300 lb
The Apollo Phantom Electric Scooter has two solid and sturdy motors that will give you speedy and effortless rides, even on bouncy roads.
- The Apollo Phantom Electric Scooter has four shock-absorbing elements that will give you a comfy ride on uneven and jerky roads.
- It has a well-designed structure and an uncomplicated folding method.
- No extra lighting is required as it has brighter headlights with 1000 lumens that helps you see very far objects and gives you a safer night ride.
- It can be a little risky to ride on wet and slippery roads. The tires do not have as much traction as claimed.
Features In Details
- Motor: As the motor is the main component of an electric scooter, the Apollo Phantom has two robust motors that boost a max speed of 38mph. You can travel up to 40 miles with 3200-watt maximum power. For safety at night, you are given deck lights and brighter headlights of 1000 lumens.
- Design: It is very well designed with many aluminum layers to strengthen the stem of an electric scooter. It has 7 inches of a large deck that gives an excellent grip between the scooter and the rider’s feet. It has an easy foldable system with powerful handlebars.
- Weight capability: Apollo Phantom can sustain heavy loads up to 300lb, making it suitable for even larger individuals.
- Tires and Brakes: Pneumatic tires of 10″ × 3.25″ in dimension will allow you to cover long distances. These air-filled tires will provide safety on rough surfaces as it has an excellent shock-absorbing system. You can make use of its turn signals to make safe turns on roads.
- Battery: Its large battery needs only 2-3 hours to completely charge.
Buyer’s Guide to Long Range Scooters
For covering long distances, it is advisable to look for solid motors. While buying a scooter, speed also plays an essential role as high-speed scooters with 40-60 mph can help you cover a long-distances in less time. If you want to ride fast, your scooter must have a powerful motor.
Electric scooters for long-range must have a strong build. The framework plays a vital role as it makes the scooter durable as durability matters if you want your scooter to last longer. Also, they must have a robust braking system. A strong hydraulic braking system will provide better protection. A good suspension will keep you safe on uneven roads.
Since long-range electric scooters are meant to travel long distances, look for a battery that charges quickly and offers long mileage. The better the power capacity of the battery, the greater distance you can cover.
Electric scooters that have a strong build can bear heavy loads of up to 400 lbs. Such scooters are made of high-quality materials such as steel or aluminum.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is 15mph Fast For An Electric Scooter?
15mph speed is considered to be on the lower end for an electric scooter. Scooters with this top speed are intended for the city with speed laws for personal electric vehicles. If you want to ride fast or off-road, consider a scooter intended for that purpose with a maximum speed of 40mph or higher.
Which Battery Is Best For Electric Scooters?
Lithium-ion batteries are very effective and have high storage capacity. They are reliable and can last for a longer time. So if you are looking for the best battery, you can get the Kaabo MANTIS electric scooter as it has LG/Samsung Li-ion 60V 24.5Ah with super-fast charging.
What Is The Longest-range Electric Scooter?
Some scooters can cover a great distance of more than 45 miles with a speed of 40mph. So if you want to travel long distances, you can take a look at the outstanding features of the Wolf King Electric Scooter. It has a layered aluminum structure that supports up to 400lbs and has an incredible top speed of 60mph.
On this site where we review all sorts of electric scooters, long range electric scooters are in a class of their own. They are typically higher end scooters that prioritize durability, motor power, and of course battery life, as they need to be able to last over longer trips.
In this article, we’ve split long range scooters into the two categories of street legal scooters and off-road scooters, with the former having a lower top speed and the latter with more motor power and generally heavier duty construction. In their respective categories, the Macwheel MAX and the Wolf King electric scooters are at the top of the class, featuring faster speeds, better construction, and other superior features, albeit at premium prices.
We hope this article will help you in your search for a scooter for your long-range needs!