Riding an electric scooter can have a lot of benefits. You would not burn fossil fuels as you would riding a vehicle with internal combustion engines. The electric scooter is environmentally friendly. You can have lots of fun while riding an electric scooter as you enjoy the sights and sounds and zip through traffic. With these reasons, people of all ages love to ride an electric scooter.
But while scooters are fun, they generally don’t have a seat to sit on, like a bike. Wouldn’t it be incredible if you could have both a scooter and bike in one vehicle? Yes, there are electric scooters that turn into bikes!
In this article, I will discuss a few of these options.
What Is An Electric Scooter?
An electric scooter runs on battery. When the rider pushes the throttle, the controller sends a signal to the battery. Then the battery sends current to the motor accordingly. Finally, the motor of your scooter rotates and propels the wheels in the forward direction.
The rider needs to stand on the deck and ride the scooter. But some scooters also have seats where you can comfortably sit and ride.
But you have to charge the battery of your electric scooter each time before you ride. It can take eight to 12 hours to charge. Once it is fully charged, you can ride continuously for 40 to 80 minutes, depending on the brand of your electric scooter.
What Is An Electric Bike?
Electric bikes are similar to electric scooters, except that they have a seat and usually have more powerful motors for a faster acceleration and speed and longer range.
Electric Scooter That Turns Into Bike
The electric scooter and bike are two different devices. But you can find an electric scooter on the market, such as Viro Rides Vega 2-in-1, which can quickly transform into a minibike!
You can purchase this scooter at an affordable price. If your kid wants to travel long distances, then they don’t have to stand all the time on the deck. Instead, they can sit and comfortably ride on the streets.
#1. Viro Rides VEGA 2 In One Electric Scooter
- Quickly transforms from electric scooter to mini bike mode with one push button.
- You can stand or sit whenever you like.
- It has a 10 mph top speed with a 100 Watt DC motor.
- The average run time of this electric scooter is 40 minutes on a full charge battery.
- It has LED lights to increase visibility during nighttime.
- This electric scooter has a thumb throttle which a rider can efficiently operate to start the scooter or control the speed.
- The motor and chain drives are wholly enclosed to prevent damage from road debris.
- This electric scooter has a 12 volts battery which you need to recharge to start your electric scooter and run maximum distance.
- If you are above seven years old, then you can ride this scooter.
- You can easily adjust the heights of this scooter.
- The weight limit is 120lbs. If your weight exceeds 120lbs, then you cannot ride this electric scooter.
- The lever-activated disc brake allows you to apply brakes easily on wet roads.
- The dual kickstands will keep your scooter in an upright position both in electric scooter and mini bike mode.
- Whenever you are using this scooter with a mini bike, you can ride comfortably with these footpegs, while in electric scooter mode, you can fold these pegs.
- It takes almost 10-12 hours to charge the battery completely, so you will likely need to charge this scooter overnight.
- Kids may need the help of an adult to switch from one mode to another, i.e., from an electric scooter to a minibike.
#2. Viro Rides Vega Pro 2 In One Electric Scooter And Mini Bike
- You can turn this electric scooter into a mini bike in a few seconds.
- You can sit or stand on this electric scooter whenever you want.
- It has a 24-volt brushless hub motor to propel the wheels of your scooter
- The top speed of this scooter is 12mph.
- It has a run time of 40 minutes and a maximum range of 6 miles.
- You will find a lithium-ion battery in this scooter.
- The handlebar is entirely adjustable
- It has LED lights which increase your visibility during the night.
- The electric scooter has dual kickstands for two different modes.
- It has a disc brake that provides good braking performance.
- If your age is above 13 years, then you can ride this electric scooter.
- The weight limit of this electric scooter is 120lbs.
- You can easily fold this electric scooter and carry it with you anywhere you want.
- Kids below 13 years cannot ride this electric scooter.
- Some customers say that this scooter produces noise at the time of riding.
#3. Kuberg Ranger Scooter
- The Kuberg Ranger Scooter allows you to sit and stand on this scooter when you want. The pneumatic seat rises on your scooter just by pressing one button.
- You can use the Kuberg ranger scooter in two ways, i.e., a scooter and a mini bike.
- It has a lithium-ion battery of 48-volts, 24 Ah, or a double pack of 48 Ah.
- You require only two hours to charge the battery.
- It has a top speed of 50 mph.
- The weight limit of the rider is 220 lbs, but the towing limit is only 66lbs.
- The weight of this scooter is 110lbs.
- The colors available are black and military green.
- The frame consists of steel, which is quite sturdy and durable.
- Intended for off-roading and dirtbike riding.
- These scooters are expensive. It will cost you above $3000.
- If your weight is above 220 lbs, then you cannot ride this electric scooter.
Frequently Answered Question
#1. Is Viro A Good Brand?
Yes, overall, Viro is a good brand. The sturdy frame and power brakes are suitable for people of any group. The top speed is relatively low at 10mph, but this is a suitable and safer top speed for children.
#2. Do You Need To Wear Helmet At The Time Of Riding A Viro Scooter?
Yes, you need to wear a helmet when riding. The helmet is a protective accessory that can save your head from injuries.
#3. How Do You Charge A Viro Ride Electric Scooter?
You can charge a Viro ride scooter with a charger. You need to first connect the charger to the power source and then into the socket of the Viro ride scooter.
You will see a red light on the charger, which indicates that your battery needs charging. It takes almost 10-12 hours to charge the battery of the Viro ride electric scooter fully.
You will observe a green light on the charger when your electric scooter’s battery is charged. Remember to use the charger of the Viro ride brand only while charging your Viro ride an electric scooter.
#4. How Do You Turn On A Vega Electric Scooter?
You need to hold both the handlebars of your electric scooter and then keep your thumb on the throttle. Switch on the throttle to start your Vega electric scooter.
#5. Does A Viro Electric Scooter Have A Locating Function?
A rider needs to download the Viro ride application from the Google Play Store or App Store. Then he needs to sign up by giving his valid mobile number. Whenever you create an account, you can quickly locate a Viro scooter nearby your location.
#6. Why Is My Electric Scooter Not Working?
- First, you need to check the battery and charger of your scooter. The battery deteriorates almost after two to three years. Again, if your battery comes in slight contact with water, it can shorten your battery life.
- Check the motor of your electric scooter.
- Excess riding and stunts may cause starting problems in electric scooters.
- If all the components of your electric scooter are working correctly, then check your controller. There may be some problems with the controller.
- Check your charger. If the indicator is not working, then try to change your charger as soon as possible.
#7. Is There A Weight Limit For Electric Scooters?
Yes, there is a weight limit for every electric scooter. For example, Viro Rides 2-in-1 electric scooter has a weight limit of 120 lbs.
You will find different brands of electric scooters in the market. But there are some electric scooters like Viro, which you can convert into a mini bike just by pressing a button. For such versatility, they are also affordable at around $400.
Please do share your suggestions for this article. I would love to read your suggestions.