Electric scooters all have rechargeable batteries, but a scooter with a removable battery is all the more convenient as one can have multiple batteries ready so that if charge on a scooter runs out, there is no need to wait for it to recharge. The battery can just be swapped with a fresh one, eliminating downtime. This can be especially useful if the scooter is used very often, such as if it is shared between multiple individuals.
Here, we look into the seven Best Electric Scooters With Removable Battery based on their safety, design, battery, motor, and more features. In this review, you will learn about:
- The top seven Best Electric Scooters With Removable Battery.
- Reviews and ratings on these scooters based on safety, design, battery, motor, and more features.
- A guide to selecting the Best Electric Scooter With Removable Battery.
- Hopefully, your next electric scooter!
#1. Razor Electric Scooter
- Battery: Score 9.8/10
- Motor: Score 9.9/10
- Brakes and tires: Score 9.9/10
- Design: Score 9.9/10
- Overall Score: Score 9.8/10
- Motor: 500W chain driven
- Battery: 36V
- Speed: 18 mph
- Weight capacity: 220 lbs
- Range: 12 miles
- Brand: Razor
- Color: White
The strong-built and robust frame of this scooter supports a load of 220lbs. The weight of the scooter is quite low, making it easy for the rider to carry around.
- The wide bamboo deck will help the rider to stand comfortably on the scooter.
- The luggage carrier can be easily removed when not required.
- The padded seat of the scooter will let the user comfortably rest while riding.
- Each battery takes quite a significant amount of time to charge.
- Battery: The scooter comes with a 36V rechargeable sealed lead acid battery that can work for 12 miles in a stretch. The discharge rate of these batteries is slow, so they run long.
- Motor: The 500W motor is highly efficient, giving a top speed of 18 mph, helping even to climb small hills. The twist grip throttle will help the rider easily accelerate and achieve the desired speed in a short time. The motor is always quiet, letting the rider enjoy the ride smoothly.
- Brakes and Tires: The hand-operated rear brake will let the rider come to a smooth stop when he or she applies it. When the rider applies the brake, the motor will cut off, giving a smooth stop. The 16″ tires will help the rider run smooth on any terrain. The rear-wheel-drive will shift the weight to the rear of the scooter, thus enhancing the ease of steering and traction on the road.
- Design: The stylish wooden deck of bamboo is wide, and the padded deck makes the ride comfortable for the rider when they sit or stand on the scooter. The rider can remove the basket and luggage carrier when it is not needed. The classy white steel frame, along with the large wheels, is an added advantage to the scooter. The steel frame gives a solid build to the scooter helping the scooter stay stable on the road.
#2. Hiboy Electric Scooter
- Battery: Score 9.9/10
- Motor: Score 9.9/10
- Brakes and tires: Score 9.8/10
- Design: Score 9.8/10
- Overall Score: Score 9.8/10
- Motor: 350W
- Battery: 36V lithium-ion
- Speed: 19 mph
- Weight capacity: 200 lbs
- Range: 17 miles
- Brand: Hiboy
- Color: Black
The LED lights on the handlebar will make the display visible and help in maintaining track of battery level, speed, and other functions of the scooter, making it one of the picks for Best Electric Scooter With Removable Battery.
- An IP54 rating makes the scooter suitable for different weather conditions.
- The solid tires are flat-free, increasing their durability and making them easy to maintain.
- The deck of the scooter is low, so the rider must be conscious while he rides on bumpy roads.
- Battery: The life of the battery is long because of the regenerative braking system. The 36V lithium battery takes very little time to fully charge and has long durability. They are fairly low weight when compared with other battery types. This efficient battery will let the rider travel for 17 miles on a full charge.
- Motor: The 350W motor will help the rider achieve a speed of 19mph. Also, if the rider wants to customize his speed, he can control it using the mobile app or control panel. But you may see the variations in speed based on terrain, inclination, and rider’s weight.
- Brakes and Tires: The disc braking system is efficient. Also, the anti-lock braking system will prevent the locking of wheels when sudden brakes are applied. The regenerative braking system will increase the life of the battery by converting the energy into kinetic energy. The 8.5″ solid tires are great as they are durable because they are puncture-free and need replacement very little. They stay sturdy and strong on roads supporting the weight of the scooter.
- Design: The cruise control means the rider does not need to continuously accelerate. The frame of the scooter is very strong and makes the scooter robust. IP54 rating means the scooter is protected during rain.
#3. UberScoot Electric Scooter
- Battery: 9.5/10
- Motor: 9.8/10
- Brakes and tires: 9.5/10
- Design: 9.7/10
- Motor: 1600 watts
- Battery:48 volt
- Speed: 30 mph
- Weight capacity: 265 lbs
- Range: 12 miles
- Tire size: 11-inch pneumatic knobby tires
- The powerful motor of 1600 watts makes the scooter run at an extraordinary speed of 30mph.
- A 40-volt lithium battery helps cover 12 miles on a single charge.
- With a sturdy framework, the scooter is capable of withstanding a weight of 265 lbs.
- 11-inch pneumatic knobby tires make the rides smooth and easy-going.
- A foldable framework makes it compact and easy to store.
- A quick-release seat makes the scooter ride comfortably according to the rider’s height.
- There is no battery indicator on the handlebar.
- Uber Scoot is not recommended for kids due to the high speed of 30 mph.
UberScoot electric scooter is perfect for those who love to ride electric scooters at high speeds. The economy mode button helps ride the scooter at slow speeds and also helps save battery for long-distance traveling.
- Motor: Uberscoot has a robust motor of 1600 watts that helps cover long distances of 12 miles on a single charge. The more power the motor has, the better the speed of the scooter. Moreover, longer distances can be traveled using an effective and efficient motor as it provides speed to the wheels to cover longer distances.
- Battery: The 48 Volt battery helps cover 12 miles at a speed of 30 mph.
- Tire and brakes: Pneumatic tires are considered best for electric scooters. The pneumatic tires of this scooter are air-filled and provide a better cushioning effect. They require less maintenance and last longer if the rider uses them on smooth surfaces. The UberScoot has knobby tires that provide better traction on any surface, rough or smooth.
- Design: Front and rear headlights make the scooter safe for night rides. A chain-driven motor makes the scooter cover longer distances. The scooter is foldable, which makes it very portable. Further, the quick-release seat makes it convenient to adjust the seat according to the height of the rider.
#4. MAXTRA Upgraded E120 Electric Scooter
- Motor: 9/10
- Battery: 9.2/10
- Tires and breaks: 9/10
- Design: 9.4/10
- Motor: 120 watts
- Range: 6 miles
- Battery: 12 volts
- Speed: 10 mph
- Load capacity: 155 lbs
- Tire Type: 6-inch airless wheels
- The scooter comes with a replacement guarantee on all its parts.
- With the UL/ASTM/FCC certification, the scooter is one of the safest scooters for kids.
- With a one-time charge, the scooter can run for 60 minutes non-stop.
- The hand-activated brakes help control the performance and also maintains the safety of the rider.
- The seat of the scooter is removable, making it easy to use the scooter without and with the seat as per the rider’s requirement.
- The adjustable handlebar also allows the rider to adjust it according to the height of the user.
- There is no headlight on the scooter, which makes it unfit for night rides.
The MAXTRA electric scooter is one of the best scooters for kids that has a removable battery. With an adjustable seat and handlebar, the scooter is fit for kids ages 6 to 12.
- Motor: The 120 watts motor is powerful enough to cover a range of 6 miles at a speed of 10 mph. The scooter is great as it has a powerful twist throttle that makes it easy to control on even uneven surfaces.
- Battery: The 12-volt removable battery lasts a range of 6 miles.
- Tires and brakes: 6 inch solid tires make the scooter great for kids as they require zero maintenance. For instant breaking, the scooter has hand-operated breaks that help to stop immediately in case of emergency.
- Design: An adjustable seat and handlebar make the scooter stand out from its counterparts. It takes just two minutes to fold the scooter into a compact form for convenient storage. Its light weight makes it easy to carry even for children.
#5. Eskuta KS-350 Electric Kick Scooter
- Motor: 9.2/10
- Battery: 9.5/10
- Tires and brakes: 9/10
- Design: 9.2/10
- Motor: 350 watts brushless motor
- Battery: 36 V,lithium-ion battery
- Speed: 15.5 mph
- Range: 12.5 miles
- Tire type: air-filled tires
- Air-filled tires act as shock absorbers and allow the rider to ride on uneven surfaces.
- IP54 waterproof rating makes the scooter ideal for rain and dirt.
- With a single charge, the scooter covers a distance of 12.5 miles.
- An anti-slip pedal makes it convenient to balance on the scooter.
- The scooter has front and rear LED lights that brighten up night rides.
- The scooter is not very budget-friendly.
The three-level braking system makes this scooter perfect for beginners and new riders who want a bit more safety. Riding the scooter for long distances is possible as the range is 12.5 miles with a decent speed of 15.5 mph.
- Motor: The Eskuta electric scooter has a power-packed brushless motor of 350 watts that helps attain a speed of 15.5 mph. The high-torque motor makes the scooter great for long-distance riding.
- Battery: The 36-volt lithium-ion battery is removable, making the scooter convenient to charge or swap batteries after 2-3 hours of continuous usage. The rider can ride the scooter for 12.5 miles non-stop on a single charge.
- Brakes and tires: The air-filled tires provide a cushioning effect while riding on uneven surfaces. The triple braking system makes the scooter easy to control and safe for young riders.
- Design:The scooter is highly portable and lightweight due to its foldable mechanism. Its aluminum framework makes the scooter strong as it can withstand weight up to 220 lbs. The digital display helps the rider keep a check on the speed, distance, and battery usage.
#6. Hover1 Electric Scooter
- Motor: 9.5/10
- Brakes and tires: 9.3/10
- Design: 9.2/10
- Motor: 350 watts
- Battery: 36V,10Ah
- Speed: 18.6 mph
- Range: 26 miles
- Tire Type: 10-inch pneumatic tires
- The scooter folds down in three seconds into a compact form.
- It comes with a 90 days warranty.
- Children above the age of 14 can ride the scooter with ease.
- It has an IP 54 that makes it dust and waterproof.
- 10-inch pneumatic tires that help make rides on bumpy surfaces smooth.
- On a single charge, the scooter promises to cover a distance of 26 miles, but the battery drains faster.
- It cannot connect with Android phones.
The Hover-1 electric scooter is suitable for those over 14 years of age who want to ride long distances at faster speeds. With extraordinary speed and range, the scooter stands out from its counterparts.
- Motor: The robust motor of 350 watts helps attain an extraordinary speed of 18.6 mph. The speed and distance covered can vary due to the rider’s weight. The terrain the rider is riding on can also vary the maximum distance.
- Battery: The scooter has a 36V battery and a charger of 42.2Ah. With a single charge, the rider can cover a distance of 26 miles.
- Tire and brakes: 10-inch pneumatic tires make the rides smooth. On bumpy roads and uneven surfaces, pneumatic tires help the rider ride the scooter with ease. Large 10-inch tires provide a better cushioning effect.
- Design: One-step folding gear makes it convenient to store the scooter in the car’s trunk and carry it while traveling or going out for a picnic. When folded, its dimensions are 42.63″ L x 16.53″ W x 2.4″ H. The Hover 1 has an IP 54 to give it dust and water resistance. Its strong construction helps it withstand weight up to 220 lbs.
#7. BENLG BEE Electric Scooter
- Motor: 9/10
- Battery: 8.5/10
- Tire and brakes: 8.7/10
- Design: 8.9/10
- Motor: 350 watts brushless motor
- Battery: 10.4Ah
- Range: 28 miles
- Speed: 10 mph
- Tire Type: 10 inch solid tires with honeycomb design
- The removable battery is highly water-resistant.
- 10-inch pneumatic tires are ideal for all types of roads and weather.
- With E-ABS and disc-brakes, controlling the scooter is efficient.
- The scooter is ideal for short traveling and daily commuting.
- Its lightweight construction makes it highly portable.
- The maximum speed is relatively low.
The BENLG BEE electric scooter is an ideal unisex scooter that is perfect for daily commuting as well as short/long-distance traveling. It is safe, has a twist throttle, has a non-slip deck and handlebar that makes it ideal for kids above 14 years of age.
- Motor: Its 350 watts brushless motor is not prone to overheat, which makes it ideal for long-distance as well as short travels. With this motor, the riders can attain a speed of 10 mph, which is pretty decent for short travels.
- Battery: The 36 volts lithium battery allows the scooter to achieve a high range of 28 miles on a single charge. The lithium-ion battery is highly durable too.
- Tires and brakes: The honeycomb 10-inch tires make the rides on bumpy surfaces comfortable and easy. It also has E-ABS and disc brakes for safety.
- Design: The scooter has a waterproof throttle that makes it great for controlling even in the rain. For better cruise control, the non-slip deck and handle are very helpful. The scooter collapses in a minimum of three seconds, which makes it highly portable. Due to its light weight, it is easy to store the scooter anywhere.
A high watt motor helps to maintain speed and helps to climb any terrain. The more watts, the more power the scooter has. 250W is good for flat terrain, whereas 1500W helps to maintain high speed on any terrain.
Lithium-ion batteries are the lightest. Fully charging takes about 3-4 hours for most batteries. Lead-acid batteries are heavier. Electric scooters require a battery with high volts to give good mileage. The mileage is listed in each scooter’s description, so look out for that number if it’s important to you.
Brakes And Tires
Hand brakes and disc brakes make scootering easy for beginners as they are easy to access and apply, and also require little maintenance. Solid tires are firm and are highly durable as they are puncture-free. They don’t let the tire slip off easily from the rim as they are attached firmly. Pneumatic tires are air-filled and are suitable for any terrains, and they act as the best shock absorbers.
The deck of the scooter has to be wide enough to accommodate the rider to stand firmly during the ride. The frame of the scooter has to be firm and sturdy to handle any bumps on uneven terrains. The handlebars of the scooter have a display that will let the rider be aware of speed and battery statuses.
Frequently Asked Question
What Should I Check Before I Start My Electric Scooter?
Always wear safety equipment when you ride a scooter. Check that the battery has sufficient charge. Start riding the scooter in low mode first, and don’t accelerate too quickly at first. Check the brakes to make sure they work. Once you are sure about the brakes, start riding and slowly accelerate to your desired speed.
Which Is The Best Electric Scooter With A Removable Battery?
In our opinion, the current best electric scooter with a removable battery is the Razor electric scooter. Along with a great removable battery, its option to remove the luggage carrier will give a different look to the scooter. Along with this, the scooter has a unique design and strong build for durability and safety. All of this comes from a popular and reliable manufacturer known for producing all sorts of scooters.
With this article, hopefully we have conveyed the convenience of having a removable battery in an electric scooter. As shown by our list of selections, there are quite a few manufacturers offering models that have this feature.
The wide deck and luggage carrier of the Razor electric scooter makes it easy for the rider to rest their legs as well as carry belongings. If you are looking for a scooter that charges quickly and can travel a longer range, then consider the Hiboy electric scooter as it comes with lithium-ion batteries and can even climb small hill inclinations and is also safe to ride in light rains.
If budget is constrained, consider the MAXTRA Upgraded E120 electric scooter. It comes at an affordable price without compromising on quality or performance.